We are hiring for the part-time position of Development & Community Giving Manager. Help us spread the word!
DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY GIVING MANAGER
About Acton-Boxborough United Way: A-B United Way (ABUW)’s vision is to build a community where every resident belongs and thrives. United, we fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in Acton and Boxborough. We identify and address the most pressing issues in our community and bring together the people to solve them. We fund and collaborate with local agencies and community partners to address 5 critical challenges: mental health, early childhood education, financial stability, crisis response and preparedness, and Diversity, Equity and Racial Justice.
Position Summary: This 24-hour/week position for an entrepreneurial and organized team player offers a great opportunity to build on strong organizational momentum, especially at the launch of a three-year strategic plan and 40th Anniversary Campaign starting this fall. The person will be responsible for developing, driving, executing, and overseeing the achievement of ABUW’s fundraising and strategic relationship management goals. The person will report to the Executive Director and work together with a small dynamic staff team, a highly engaged Board, and the Resource Development Committee volunteers. The function involves direct engagement with a wide range of individuals, foundations and corporations to inspire them to get involved, donate and take action.
- Develop and execute an annual development plan and budget anchored in the new 3-year strategic plan, using a strategic and holistic relationship building and community engagement approach.
- Secure sustainable financial support to reach ambitious financial growth targets with a growing and diverse base of individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Engage with diverse key stakeholders to help further non-financial goals, such as increase ABUW’s visibility, support deeper volunteer engagement and create awesome donor experiences incl. acknowledgement.
- Introduce new and/or strengthen current individual giving strategies and channels to develop life-time engagement by building strong mutually beneficial relationships as the base for support. Strategies and channels include annual and major donor giving, digital giving, recurring giving, special event fundraising, multi-year pledging, planned giving, creation of affinity groups and fundraising teams.
- Manage and drive the implementation of the 40th Anniversary Campaign and leverage the Campaign as an opportunity to acquire new and retain and increase support from existing donors, including through the use of research tools.
- Grow corporate giving and engagement including small business sponsorships, partnerships, and Workplace Campaigns.
- Prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and individual sources and subsequent grant reporting.
- Explore raising revenue through attracting public funding sources at local, state and federal level.
- Strengthen internal fundraising capacity by assessing and improving development-related back-office processes in pursuit of organization-wide operational excellence and of transforming into a data-driven and technology-leveraging organization.
- Optimize use, grow and manage the donor database and digital donor platform to support data-informed decision making, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and increase engagement opportunities.
- Support volunteer-led special events as they relate to development.
- Understand philanthropic trends and landscape to introduce and adopt best practices in development and philanthropy, including leveraging the rich United Way network and resources.
- Track progress of development goals revenue generation, retention, visits, and key activities and impact, provide regular analysis to build and make recommendations to refine business goals and prepare Board reports to inspire, provide direction and train volunteers to join in resource development.
- Assist with other cross-functional projects and contribute to organizational goals.
- Develop, manage and track budgets, work plans and realistic timetables to accomplish organizational goals.
- Utilize Bloomerang to support data-informed decision making about workplace accounts, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving.
- Work with Communications & Volunteer engagement Manager on all marketing and communications media efforts, including material and message development to ensure a holistic approach. Work effectively with other staff members and key volunteers to provide appropriate support and value to partners.
- Help build integrated relationships between Committees, teams and across functions to ensure the seamless integration of all development activities with impact goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years nonprofit development experience with a track record of growing a diverse prospect and donor portfolio (individuals, corporations and foundations) and management of high-level and highly engaged donors and volunteers.
- Fluent in English with exceptional written and oral communication skills, including proposal writing.
- Strong organizational, collaboration, planning and listening skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, set and meet strategic goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage new technology and data, social media, donor database and research tools.
The ideal candidate
The candidate will be an energetic, curious self-starter and a results-driven leader with a problem-solving mindset, and a passion for our mission. The person will have an unwavering commitment to equity and inclusion, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment as we pioneer new ways of working. This function requires a strong capacity to think both strategically and tactically. It requires an ability to develop and implement new processes. Strong writing skills and a high degree of attention to detail are essential. Skillful in-person and virtual interactions with many community members are expected to provide superior service to and positive interaction with donors, volunteers, funding partners, and residents.
Compensation: Up to $30/hour depending on experience.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume through indeed.com by September 22, 2021. No phone calls please.